American Fridge Freezer Door Clearance

Options
Hi, I am looking to buy an american fridge freezer but one side will be against the wall with a 13 -14 cm gap. Will that be enough clearance to open the door? I know it is not ideal but would it work?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How thick is the door?
  • Danny30
    Danny30 Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure yet, looking at options and designing kitchen and want to know whether that would be sufficient as that is the maximum I can spare.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to watch the 'help me choose' videos on AO.com. They will give you a good idea of the space you need. Also see if there are any reviews, or a demonstration video. Plus check the makers website.

Chances are, you will need 30cm or more to allow drawers or shelves to be opened/removed. I ordered my Samsung, on line from AO, but visited Currys to see similar models and realized just how much clearence would be needed.

VB
  • Danny30
    Danny30 Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    vansboy said:
    You need to watch the 'help me choose' videos on AO.com. They will give you a good idea of the space you need. Also see if there are any reviews, or a demonstration video. Plus check the makers website.

Chances are, you will need 30cm or more to allow drawers or shelves to be opened/removed. I ordered my Samsung, on line from AO, but visited Currys to see similar models and realized just how much clearence would be needed.

VB
    Thanks. Something like this seems like it would work?
    https://ao.com/product/fmn431w20c-hisense-american-fridge-freezer-stainless-steel-42307-27.aspx
  • vansboy
    Options
    The image of the open doors shows you unable to slide salad drawers out for ordinary use and definitly not far enough to clean, as the door trays are in the way.
    Possibly the freezer drawers might but it would be awkward.
    Plus you will not be able to hold the handles too easily, either.
    Also, do consider a plumbed in model, (avoid non plumbed, as water always seems stale, or not refilled often enough) with ice and filtered water dispenser, as it really is a worthwhile option. If you do, allow for the water supply and filter cartridge to be mounted inside bottom of the base unit, next to fridge.
    VB

• vansboy
    Options
    If you repost on In my home...diy forum, possibly with kitchen layout plan, there will be lots input from others, there.
    VB
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure