Video: How many people will REALLY be helped by the Chancellor extending the furlough cut-off?

Replies

• edited 16 April 2020 at 9:14PM
    Paul_HerringPaul_Herring Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 April 2020 at 9:14PM
    The data Martin bases his analysis on in his video is based on the fact that polls done by Martin (shown below)
    A couple of Twitter voodoo polls. Really?
    Hardly comes near the rigour most would expect from the likes of ComRes or YouGov.
    suggest that fewer than 50% of the people who started work in March are going to be eligible for help because of the date change.
    Ignoring the biases inherent in such a poll, this should hardly come as a shock, since the cut-off point was moved to... halfway during that month (so including 10 of the 21 working days.)

Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • imqimq Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I don’t understand why the government cannot understand  that RTI’s are sent in usually as payroll being run therefore for monthly ,even though employee may have started on 1st March the RTI would usually have not been sent until after 19th !
    However when it is sent it will show the start date of the employee so why can this not be used to enable employee to qualify to be furloughed ?
  • sharpe106sharpe106 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    imq said:
    I don’t understand why the government cannot understand  that RTI’s are sent in usually as payroll being run therefore for monthly ,even though employee may have started on 1st March the RTI would usually have not been sent until after 19th !
    However when it is sent it will show the start date of the employee so why can this not be used to enable employee to qualify to be furloughed ?
    Quite simply as some would lie. If they could trust everybody they would not have a cut of date. 
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides