New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail intransigence

Nancy1002Nancy1002 Forumite
1 posts
I'm in self-isolation and need to have mail diverted from my business address (business is closed due to corona virus).  Royal Mail insisted this could only be done by collecting a form from a post office or sent by surface mail (which took a week).  I was unable to complete this because of the requirements to attach items which I could neither access nor copy from home, nor could I print them since I have no access to a printer here.  I used resolver to request the application in a word format which RM said could not be done, it was PDF or nothing.  I also asked for an eletronic version - again to no avail.  However, one month later, RM have acknowledged the difficulties caused by social distancing and isolation and have now sent me a link to an electronic system to use for business mail redirection.  Phew.  Thank you very much to both Resolver and Royal Mail - oh and Martin Lewis as well obviously.