New Post Advanced Search

Sainsburys email

2 replies 203 views
brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
6.3K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
Received an email today , saying that I had been identified by Govt data base as "vulnerable" and offering me the opportunity to get a priority home delivery slot. Alarm bells rang -even more so ,when it said that I would have to enter payment details BEFORE seeing slot availability!!!
Looked very official -no obvious grammatical or spelling errors, and loads of detail - but we can't remember shopping online with Sainsburys ever, so not sure where they got the email addy from if it is Sainsbugs.
I've deleted email - interested to see if others are getting similar

Replies

• Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    337 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I'd recommend forwarding it from your deleted/trash/whatever folder to Action Fraud. Even if they can't take action against the individual [CENSORED] involved, it'll help give them "the bigger picture" of the problem. 
    "Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• BacmanBacman Forumite
    247 posts
    100 Posts Photogenic First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Has to be a scam. Supermarkets only ask for payment details AFTER you've arranged a slot and selected all your items.

Common sense has to prevail!