New Post Advanced Search

Child maintenance

3 replies 220 views
RubymaeRubymae Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi all
I’m wondering if anybody can help.. my ex is on a deduction of earnings order to pay maintenance for my son. Twice they have given his ongoing maintenance payments to another person , and say there is nothing they can do as the money has now gone!
l did formally complain last time they did this, but was told it willl not happen again and gave me £25 compensation, for a payment that was supposed to be £280. They have just paid marchs ongoing Maintainence for my son to somebody else, in error.
what can I do?
thanks

Replies

• Comms69Comms69 Forumite
    13K posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complain again. 

Alternatively close the claim and get ex to pay you directly - it will be cheaper for him
  • paul_fyfepaul_fyfe Forumite
    2 posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi MSE Team. Was advised by CMS that once a child works more than 21 hours per week, payments can stop. Strangely the operator was unable to confirm this, can you? Also do payments stop if the partner remarries?
    kind regards
  • Comms69Comms69 Forumite
    13K posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paul_fyfe said:
    Hi MSE Team. Was advised by CMS that once a child works more than 21 hours per week, payments can stop. Strangely the operator was unable to confirm this, can you? Also do payments stop if the partner remarries?
    kind regards
    Neither of those things are relevant.