Forced holiday during furlough

Options
2»

Comments

• JonBaker
    Options
    I have 6 working days holiday booked due to start on 7the July but my company is forcing me to be put on furlough for min 3 weeks if I take the holiday? 
    Is this right??

We was forced to use 40% of holiday before the end of May which ment from the end of april we was put on furlough for 3 weeks.
    We came back to work at the end of May.
    We must take a further 20% of holiday before the end of August. 
    I have had the week in July booked for 8 months now but am being told that if I take the holiday they will put me on furlough and risk being one of the people they may not ask to come back.
    I am not allowed to carry over holiday and I must use a certain amount before September but I'm blackmailed into furlough if I do so???

Where do I stand??
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is not what the scheme was for and there is nothing stopping them using it like that. You have to agree to go on furlough though. 
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JonBaker said:
    I have 6 working days holiday booked due to start on 7the July but my company is forcing me to be put on furlough for min 3 weeks if I take the holiday? 
    Is this right??

We was forced to use 40% of holiday before the end of May which ment from the end of april we was put on furlough for 3 weeks.
    We came back to work at the end of May.
    We must take a further 20% of holiday before the end of August. 
    I have had the week in July booked for 8 months now but am being told that if I take the holiday they will put me on furlough and risk being one of the people they may not ask to come back.
    I am not allowed to carry over holiday and I must use a certain amount before September but I'm blackmailed into furlough if I do so???

Where do I stand??

Are you going abroad for your holiday or staying in the UK.  If they do put you on furlough they do know they have to pay you 100% for your holiday, don't they?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback