Studio 24 Fraudulent Account Set Up

Options
Hi,
I have received a letter and a parcel from Studio 24 today, the letter says thank you for opening an account sorry that only 1 out of 3 items could be shipped.  The parcel is the one item that was in stock.  I have tried to ring Studio who have said their phone lines are currently closed so please email.  I have emailed with no response.  I can't see anything missing from my bank account etc. but then it's a catalogue company so I suppose that this is on credit.

Do you think I need to do anything whilst awaiting their response?  My wife does have a Studio account and we have a joint bank account, but nothing seems set up with them in my name/details.
Thanks.

Comments

• Galloglass
    Galloglass Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You have the right under the Distance Selling Regulations 2014 to return the items within 14 days. It may have been a simple mistake but if you send it back and get proof you did, then any cost will be reversed. 

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

It may be a pain to pay the cost of return but you can argue that later. 
    • All land is owned. If you are not on yours, you are on someone else's
    • When on someone else's be it a road, a pavement, a right of way or a property there are rules. Don't assume there are none.
    • "Free parking" doesn't mean free of rules. Check the rules and if you don't like them, go elsewhere
    • All land is owned. If you are not on yours, you are on someone else's and their rules apply.
    Just visiting - back in 2025
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport