Unable to get hold of Engage Credit by phone. Tried for 3 days

I have tried to call engage credit to talk about a payment holiday I normally get £2500 after tax and have just received £1200. I have let it ring for 3 days I'm just in a queue. Due to this I have had to pay the mortgage today £400. I am not in a very bad situation what are my options when I cannot get hold of them!!!!

Replies

• ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    85.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    "Following the government's announcement re Payment Holidays, we are experiencing high call volumes. If you would like to talk about a payment holiday, please email [email protected] with your mortgage account number in the subject and we will aim to contact you within the next 7 days."
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • col81col81 Forumite
    239 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    In a very bad situation!
  • col81col81 Forumite
    239 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thank you I have paid this though I have tried to call Lloyd's to get the money back off my bank they arent answering either. I need the money back asap
  • Brock_and_RollBrock_and_Roll Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is highly unlikely that any bank would "refund" any mortgage payment already paid - there is no contractual basis for doing so and the OP has not yet agreed a payment holiday. ....but you never know in the current world!
    85.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You can apply for an overdraft online to tide you over. 

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • col81col81 Forumite
    239 Posts
    ✭✭
    Do all mortgage companies offer the payment holiday?
    85.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet to hear of one that hasn't agreed to the request from up on high. 

• col81col81 Forumite
    239 Posts
    ✭✭
    When I took this mortgage I had defaults which all drop off in july then I will be changing it they are a disgrace. I rang up 3 weeks ago they said because interest only there was no payment holiday facility on this type of mortgage but hopefully this has since changed
    85.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The announced "Payment Holiday" is more recent than 3 weeks ago. Normally a thorough review of finances would be required for example. Default on unsecured debt would be first route, again in normal times. Events are moving so rapidly. Words take a few seconds. Actions take far longer. 

This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS