Forum Home » Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Anyone had tinnitus from taking beta-blockers or aspirin ?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Anyone had tinnitus from taking beta-blockers or aspirin ?

3 replies 121 views
In recent days I've started getting tinnitus so bad it's actually painful.  Began taking beta blockers and aspirin around the same time.  Statins too, but think the tinnitus began before them.

Replies

• unforeseenunforeseen Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beta blockers can cause tinnitus
  • Rodders53Rodders53 Forumite
    867 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Tinnitus is a know side effect of beta-blockers - read the patient information leaflet!

Call your Doctor's asap as they will almost certainly change the medication.  Let us know the outcome.

I use beta-blocker eyedrops to reduce my intra-optical pressure.  I had tinnitus before starting them and I don't think it has made it worse.
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been taking aspirin for about 10 years and had no trouble with it, so it may well be the beta-blocker's fault, as suggested.