New Post Advanced Search

Credit card company frauded

1 reply 41 views
Hello everyone,i apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this thread,but it seemed the most appropriate one.
Long-story short,i own a credit card with 118118money and lately i started receiving loads of dodgy calls and texts,like hmrc dvla financial institutions and so on containing link to put your info and other stuff like that.i kept wondering how they could have my phone no as i tried to keep it as safe as possible all the time.today i woke up to the email attached as a screenshot.now my question is,i find it very abnormal that i pay interest and fees and so on to this company,just so that they can t even keep my info safe,can i claim anything on my behalf from them?many thanks in advance

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    29.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.  The interest and fees are a cost of borrowing money, unrelated to any data breaches.

If you're suffered a direct loss as a result of the breach, send them details in your complaint.