Forum Home » Loans

Stopping Student Loan Payments - Need Help

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Stopping Student Loan Payments - Need Help

RichardCUKRichardCUK Forumite
40 posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary
So I paid off my student loan 2 months ago. Since then HMRC has dragged their feet and they keep taking a student loan payment from my paycheck. I rang 8 days ago and got a reufnd for last month. But its happened agian today. I went to ring but due to COVID-19 they are closed and they dont even have a bloody e-mail for you to contact them.
I understand whats happening but given the fact I may be on less money very soon due to COVID-19 I could really do we that money in my account and its takes the mick that they still havent stopped my payments.

Does anyone know if I cancontact HMRC direct for them to put a stop because they will keep taking these payments at a time when myself and my partner need that cash.
Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated.

Many Thanks