TUI Holiday

I have just read in the Guardian that the law is about to be changed and TUI will not have to refund holidays they can give a voucher.  We have booked to go to USA June and paid the full balance, was hoping for a refund as due to be laid off work.  I paid for the holiday on a credit card would it be covered by that.  I know people are a lot worse of then us at the moment due to this horrible virus but am just trying to find out 

Comments

• NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 March 2020 at 11:32PM
    Can you supply link please.
    I was under the impression the airlines and travel operators etc. were lobbying the government on this - but can't find a confirmation that the consumer law has been revised.
    Update - here's the link.
    TUI etc. will have to refund, although there is an applicable timescale which won't help people who need the cash back quickly.
    The final two paragraphs are very relevant.

• Not sure on how this impacts on punters who have made DIY arrangements or online travel agents who have assembled similar separate elements of flights, transfers and accommodation.
    Just underlines the value of bonafide packages when things go wrong.
  • benidorm59
    benidorm59 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If it does get passed and a voucher was issued would I be covered by my credit card for a refund as I doubt we would travel again in two years .I booked through TUI Villa and Flights Package thanks
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    If it does get passed and a voucher was issued would I be covered by my credit card for a refund as I doubt we would travel again in two years .I booked through TUI Villa and Flights Package thanks
    I doubt you would be covered by credit card if the operator is complying with the law. if it gets passed and you get a voucher you could still get your money back but it would take 2 years ( at least that is how I read it)
  • Correct, as the article indicates, payments will have to be refunded eventually - the downside is the delay period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure