New Post Advanced Search

Apple Pie?

1 reply 61 views
SavngexpertSavngexpert Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I've just 'possibly stupidly' clicked on a pop-up entitled apple pie up to 20% discount, just as I was about to pay an insurance invoice on line. (It disappeared as soon as I clicked on it) Went to pay - no discount offered - unsurprisingly - then I panicked and came out of the insurance site. Have I, at worst, downloaded a virus. I didn't put my bank details in but I have paid that provider before?
Thanks
David

Replies

• Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just 'possibly stupidly' clicked on a pop-up entitled apple pie up to 20% discount, just as I was about to pay an insurance invoice on line. (It disappeared as soon as I clicked on it) Went to pay - no discount offered - unsurprisingly - then I panicked and came out of the insurance site. Have I, at worst, downloaded a virus. I didn't put my bank details in but I have paid that provider before?
    Thanks
    David
    Probably not.  You could run a virus checker or Malwarebytes over your PC to check though.