NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Play board games / cards online with family members

MilltirMilltir Forumite
24 Posts
Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Given the current lockdown situation I am looking Into the feasibility of playing board games (e.g. scrabble or an equivalent) or cards on line with family in different locations. Set up would have to be fairly simple such as tablet apps or browser windows on tablets (we don’t have gaming consoles) and not everyone is super tech savvy. I have heard of gameboardarena and Tabletopia but don’t know much about them or their competitors, nor other options. Free would be ideal but I don’t mind paying for a good service, what I don’t particularly want is a scenario where we would all have to pay. Suggestions welcome.

Replies

• edited 22 March 2020 at 2:09PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 22 March 2020 at 2:09PM
    Milltir said:
    Given the current lockdown situation I am looking Into the feasibility of playing board games (e.g. scrabble or an equivalent) or cards on line with family in different locations. Set up would have to be fairly simple such as tablet apps or browser windows on tablets (we don’t have gaming consoles) and not everyone is super tech savvy. I have heard of gameboardarena and Tabletopia but don’t know much about them or their competitors, nor other options. Free would be ideal but I don’t mind paying for a good service, what I don’t particularly want is a scenario where we would all have to pay. Suggestions welcome.

You mention tablets but are they Android or Apple based ?
    Apps might not be cross platform.
    Its not something I have experience of.
  • MilltirMilltir Forumite
    24 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DCFC79 said:
    My wife and I have iPads, Mother-in Law Kindle Fire HD.
  • edited 22 March 2020 at 9:40PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 22 March 2020 at 9:40PM
    Milltir said:
    DCFC79 said:
    My wife and I have iPads, Mother-in Law Kindle Fire HD.
    All depends if there is a game that's on ios and also on the Kindle, if not then I think your out of luck.
  • krizmrtn86krizmrtn86 Forumite
    29 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    For Scrabble I highly recommend 'words with friends' it's great for playing with people online
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals