Barclays Partner Finance

Options
On 13 March I placed an order on Laura Ashley website paying by interest free finance from Barclays Partner Finance. On 17 March Laura Ashley went into administration so I called Barclays to cancel the loan within the 14 days, not wanting to borrow money for goods I probably will not receive. They said they had paid the money to Laura Ashley on 16 March, so I could only cancel if I could get Laura Ashley to return the money, some chance! So basically the 14 day 'cooling off period' is completely worthless!!!
Can anyone give me any helpful advice? Can Barclays really do this?

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Claim S75 for the goods that you wont receive.  If  you do receive them though I am afraid you will have to pay for them.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Its a loan not credit card so section 75 wont apply
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • LadyElizabeth66
    Options
    VanessaQT said:
    On 13 March I placed an order on Laura Ashley website paying by interest free finance from Barclays Partner Finance. On 17 March Laura Ashley went into administration so I called Barclays to cancel the loan within the 14 days, not wanting to borrow money for goods I probably will not receive. They said they had paid the money to Laura Ashley on 16 March, so I could only cancel if I could get Laura Ashley to return the money, some chance! So basically the 14 day 'cooling off period' is completely worthless!!!
    Hi
    have you had any joy?
    Could you refuse delivery as Barclays payments only commence 4 weeks after delivery? Also cancel the direct debit if
    It has been set up?
    Im in the same boat as you and have emailed them that as I have had no confirmation from Barclays regarding the credit or from Laura Ashley regarding delivery that I will refuse delivery.

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Penny said:
    VanessaQT said:
    Hi
    have you had any joy?
    Could you refuse delivery as Barclays payments only commence 4 weeks after delivery? Also cancel the direct debit if
    It has been set up?
    Im in the same boat as you and have emailed them that as I have had no confirmation from Barclays regarding the credit or from Laura Ashley regarding delivery that I will refuse delivery.

I dont see you geting a reply since Vanessa posted back in March and hasn't  been back since.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback