University accommodation rent

New Post Advanced Search

University accommodation rent

1 reply 75 views
elalyn_2107elalyn_2107 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
During all the news not one mention of student accommodation rent 
My daughter has lost 3/4 weeks already due to strike so didn’t stay in accommodation as classes were cancelled and then Classes cancelled with no face to face teaching with her course because of the virus 

accommodation services told me when I called them they will be charging for her room until the end of term 
I said I will be having this looked at. 
There will be more than me 
How can they Take rent when they are not providing face to face classes if they had offered email tuition at the start no one would have needed accommodation at all, the accommodation is to allow you to attend face to face classes to save travel. 

Replies

• elly68elly68 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My daughter is in St Andrews however 2nd year living in private let . we have come to an agreement with landlady for reduced rent till lease ends
    Barclay card 0% £72736 set payment 266 a month 35 months bos cc 20% /8600:eek: virgin cc 32 months 0% £6645 Santan loan =£7,040 =total £28,960.. yip debt increased thats halls for you x:(
    Lifes a beach.go walk on one Arbroath, Blackness, Crammond , Dunbar, Eyemouth ballyliffen,st andrews,corby,