We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Interest..
ms_london
Posts: 2,852
Forumite
Hello everyone Good weekend?
I had a quiet one, lots of cooking, and work as usual - but it was good.
Am happy to see that my ISA has paid me £18.24 in interest this month - thats £56.79 in the last few months which is fab.
Had a job interview on Friday, a much better job & better money, it would mean i could give up my 2nd job (although i might just keep it up til end of the year), which would be fab, so should hear this week. Its hard not to get your hopes up isnt it? Fingers crossed. Its not just the money, but the job would be a step up with more responsibility, so we'll see. :0)
I really am aiming for 5th November to be my DFD - thats 5 months away yesterday, 5 more payments. So exciting.
Please keep everything crossed for me ;0)
Ms_London xx
I had a quiet one, lots of cooking, and work as usual - but it was good.
Am happy to see that my ISA has paid me £18.24 in interest this month - thats £56.79 in the last few months which is fab.
Had a job interview on Friday, a much better job & better money, it would mean i could give up my 2nd job (although i might just keep it up til end of the year), which would be fab, so should hear this week. Its hard not to get your hopes up isnt it? Fingers crossed. Its not just the money, but the job would be a step up with more responsibility, so we'll see. :0)
I really am aiming for 5th November to be my DFD - thats 5 months away yesterday, 5 more payments. So exciting.
Please keep everything crossed for me ;0)
Ms_London xx
0
Comments
-
Hi Ms London - Glad you are doing so well! - I am looking for another job as well, although considering taking a pay cut, am prepared to stretch out my debt free date if I get to do something more interesting!
Anyway, I always enjoy reading your posts, you sound so positive! Would be interested to know how you have managed with money and socialising - seems to be my biggest downfall! That is, I cant find a middle ground between spending loads of money or spending none and having no social life - it doesnt help that my friends are not very spendthrifty!
Anyway - fingers and toes crossed for your job application!I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!0 -
good luck with the job & getting out of debt!
LisaI MUST CONTROL THE SPENDING0 -
keeping everything crossed for you ms london, if theres any justice youll get the job, theyd be mad not to want to employ you.
philipI can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
Wake me when conflict is over,
I aim for a peaceful life,
Wake me up when the fury is ended
I like living a peaceful life0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards