Forum Home » Debate House Prices & the Economy

Bearish to bullish this year and now back to bearish..

New Post Advanced Search

Debate House Prices

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand. As a result, we’ve reluctantly decided to temporarily close the Debate House Prices & the Economy Board so that we can redirect our limited resources to those who need us most at this time.

Please do not post content intended for this board elsewhere in the forum – we appreciate your help and understanding during this exceptionally difficult time. It goes without saying, we hope to get back to full business as soon as possible!

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Bearish to bullish this year and now back to bearish..

11 replies 178 views
Things move so quickly, at the start of this year after changing my slightly property bearish stance to a slight Bullish one, I have now had to change my mind again for the next few years because of the coronavirus and admit we are now looking at falls of anything up to 6% falls in the next 3 years.
What do you think?

Replies

• _mayonnaise__mayonnaise_ Forumite
    229 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I think you're obsessed.

I used to be mayonnaise
  • triathlontriathlon Forumite
    969 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're obsessed.

With what?

• ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    71.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Four words. Extent of job losses . A ripple has the potential to become a tsunami. (Let's hope that the UK avoids the worst). 
    Doubt that many amateur LL's have the appropriate insurance to cover loss of rental income either. Could be a double whammy for a few. 
    Being over leveraged is going to catch out those swimming without their trunks on. 
    “An investor who has all the answers doesn’t even understand all the questions.” - John Templeton
  • edited 14 March at 4:43PM
    triathlontriathlon Forumite
    969 posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 14 March at 4:43PM
    Four words. Extent of job losses . A ripple has the potential to become a tsunami. (Let's hope that the UK avoids the worst). 
    Doubt that many amateur LL's have the appropriate insurance to cover loss of rental income either. Could be a double whammy for a few. 
    Being over leveraged is going to catch out those swimming without their trunks on. 
    Contrary to what some posters are writing about us LL's I fully concede that coronavirus will have an impact on the housing market and more importantly to the Bitcoin holding vultures on here looking for a few price drops as well. But like a lot of people now I am starting to believe this is going to be hard and sudden and then over with as quickly with the economy rapidly return to norm. At the end of the day the worst thing most people are going to feel is a few days mild sickness with the reward of a 2 week break and then it's over for them.
    This will probably kill off a lot of the zombie businesses as well as bad LL's, which will not be a bad thing
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    71.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Early days. I'd hold back judgement. Impact isn't going to be evenly spread. Some areas are going to be more badly affected than others. 
    “An investor who has all the answers doesn’t even understand all the questions.” - John Templeton
  • silvertoothsilvertooth Forumite
    240 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    triathlon said:
    Things move so quickly, at the start of this year after changing my slightly property bearish stance to a slight Bullish one, I have now had to change my mind again for the next few years because of the coronavirus and admit we are now looking at falls of anything up to 6% falls in the next 3 years.
    What do you think?
    6% is tiny 

we are looking at banks not surviving the first quarter this year

its going to be another Great Depression or worse
    969 posts
    ✭✭✭
    triathlon said:
    What do you think?
    6% is tiny 

Where are you facts?
    Just wild guesses on what you would like to see happen based on the same "silver is great" analysis you use.
    You no no more about this virus than the rest of us, stop trolling this board please
    240 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    triathlon said:
    triathlon said:
    What do you think?
    6% is tiny 

Where are you facts?
    Just wild guesses on what you would like to see happen based on the same "silver is great" analysis you use.
    You no no more about this virus than the rest of us, stop trolling this board please
    I hope your wisdom is better than your spelling

if you think the banks can survive this then you are even more deluded than the perma prop bulls on here
    969 posts
    ✭✭✭
    triathlon said:
    triathlon said:
    What do you think?
    6% is tiny 

Where are you facts?

if you think the banks can survive this then you are even more deluded than the perma prop bulls on here
    Spelling I don't mind getting wrong, decades of bad financial choices I do. Hope your good spelling gives you comfort at night in that bedsit of yours as I collect rent on my 13 pwoperties
    240 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    triathlon said:
    triathlon said:
    triathlon said:
    What do you think?
    6% is tiny 

Where are you facts?

Spelling I don't mind getting wrong, decades of bad financial choices I do. Hope your good spelling gives you comfort at night in that bedsit of yours as I collect rent on my 13 pwoperties
    I hope you don’t lose too much from your 13 rental properties as the property markets collapse over the next few years