Wedding insurance and coronavirus

We are getting married in June and we have not taken out wedding insurance. Would this cover us from coronavirus if we had to reschedule or it was cancelled? I have tried looking at the terms and conditions on various policies and my head is swimming. Just wondered if anyone more used to this sort of thing had any advice. Thanks in advance. 

Replies

• UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The third post in this thread is my reply to a similar question 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6112202/rights-if-gov-advise-not-to-travel#latest
    I suspect in the short term it will become very difficult to get insurance for any CV related risks.
  • edited 9 March 2020 at 12:38PM
    t789t789 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 9 March 2020 at 12:38PM
    I have looked at WedInsure - and they will cover you if your VENUE decides not go forward due to Covid-19, but not if there is a goverment lockdown. But some friends have recommended weddingplaninsurance.co.uk, as their policy specifically calls out: In the event that the government and or local authority declared a lock down on a particular area and banned any public gatherings then this would be covered as long as the policy was purchased PRIOR to this announcement. I cannot post links yet as I am a newbie, but came looking for the same advice. If you search for the company and covid 19, you should see the message. Hope this helps.
  • Dianne2265Dianne2265 Forumite
    15 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    I have tried them just now and they are not issuing any new policies at the moment
  • mr_stripeymr_stripey Forumite
    204 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I have tried them just now and they are not issuing any new policies at the moment
    I guess you can understand that from the insurer's point of view. We are on the brink (possibly) of a quarantine situation. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I can't imagine insurance companies queueing up for business at the moment.

• t789t789 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie

Oh gosh - I only got mine yesterday morning!
  • bove89bove89 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I got a quote for wedding insurance last week, and received an email confirmation with a quote valid for 30 days. When I came to purchase this on Tuesday, the link took me through to a page saying all new policies have been suspended as a result of the Covronavirus advice. Does my quote still stand as technically it is still valid? There is no info in the smallprint of the email to suggest it isnt?
  • UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    bove89 said:
    I got a quote for wedding insurance last week, and received an email confirmation with a quote valid for 30 days. When I came to purchase this on Tuesday, the link took me through to a page saying all new policies have been suspended as a result of the Covronavirus advice. Does my quote still stand as technically it is still valid? There is no info in the smallprint of the email to suggest it isnt?
    I very much doubt it.

Generally a company is still free to refuse to accept your business. Almost certainly, all they guaranteed was a price that would apply if both parties agreed to proceed within 30 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals