British gas accidental payment

I have recently made a payment to britsh gas which was accidently all my wage. I contacted my bank and they recalled they payment once for them to take it out again today leaving me £400 overdrawn. I have no money for food or other bills. my bank has said they can not reverse it again. I suffer with mental health issues and this has really upset me as im worried how im going to get by. Thank you for reading, any help is appreciated very much 


  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,602 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You need to talk to both BG and your bank. There must be a reason why an incorrect amount was taken by BG for the 2nd time.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards