Dental filling after check up

I had a check up last week at the dentist, they took x-rays and said they'd call if I needed any further work done. Previously they would review x-rays there and then and carry out any fillings.
Now that I have to go back 1 month later am I going to have to pay band 2 fee on top of band 1 that I paid last week? 
Thank you

Replies

• edited 29 February 2020 at 10:15AM
    UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 February 2020 at 10:15AM
    I had a check up last week at the dentist, they took x-rays and said they'd call if I needed any further work done. Previously they would review x-rays there and then and carry out any fillings.
    Now that I have to go back 1 month later am I going to have to pay band 2 fee on top of band 1 that I paid last week? 
    Thank you
    Not "on top" as I understand it but you would have to pay the balance between Band 1 and Band 2. So your total bill will be £62.10 including the £22.70 you have already paid.

Apart from emergency treatment you only pay one of the Band charges for any complete course of treatment. There is a maximum time period but I would have though you are well inside that.
  • annabanana82annabanana82 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I thought that would the case but the cynic in me was thinking it was a way to get more money
  • UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I thought that would the case but the cynic in me was thinking it was a way to get more money
    Not unknown sadly!!!

However, I am sure they must get lots of people who don't return for one reason or another, so unless then know you well it is understandable that they no longer wait until the end. Rightly or wrongly an NHS dentist isn't allowed to charge for missed appointments, despite any dire warning they may put up. So if you didn't go back and they hadn't taken the band one fee for the work done so far, they would have been left either having to write that off or I suppose sue you for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals