IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Template defence to adapt for all parking cases with added 'admin/DRA' costs - edited 31st July 2023

Options

Comments

• Yaz_1980
    Yaz_1980 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all, is there a link for me for me to copy the Defence template? 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,329 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No. It's in the thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yaz_1980
    Yaz_1980 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ok, I have tried to copy it to a word document so I can amend it to my personal case. It wont let me, do people rewrite the whole document?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 22 August 2023 at 5:17PM
    Options
    Of course it will let you copy & paste it.  People use it daily. No-one re-writes it.
  • LordLackbeard
    Options
    Hi there,

I've acknowledge the case on Money Claim and emailed my defence to the CCBCAQ email address and thats been acknowledged, but do I need to submit this as my defence on the Money Claim site too?

Thanks
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Please start your own thread, however, all your questions will be answered in the NEWBIE sticky
  • Zeebad
    Zeebad Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For info, CCBC's systems seem even more dysfunctional than advertised. I got no acknowledgement email, tried again, called them (1 hour queue time), and had to try sending from other email addresses.
    • gmail address - nothing
    • old blueyonder (Virgin Media) address - message bounced as undeliverable
    • outlook address - auto reply acknowledgement in about a minute 
    If you don't get an auto reply, try sending from other accounts until you do.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 6 December 2023 at 1:47AM
    Options
    Zeebad said:
    For info, CCBC's systems seem even more dysfunctional than advertised. I got no acknowledgement email...
    Just to add here for all readers with a claim:

If you could reply to this Inquiry that would be superb.  ...only ONE WEEK left to do this Inquiry linked & discussed here:

Really relevant because the reason there are delays in the work of the county court is because up to a THIRD of all small claims are poxy private parking.

All PPC victims' court claim or CCJ paperwork - and accounts of how difficult the system makes it for Defendants - will be great evidence.  

This is about telling the Justice Committee that:

1.  there should be a bespoke 'private parking protocol' to resolve cases without court,  and

2.  the Single Appeals service should act as a 'court buffer' CTSI certified ADR.

I think if enough people say the above, the Justice Committee will go and talk to the DLUHC guys I'm dealing with, and hopefully recommend a new pre-action protocol.  

Desperately needed and it would also solve the court delays within weeks.  I am happy to help write it!

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What has happened??

Where is the Template Defence?
    It used to be in the second post on this thread but appears to be missing.
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 December 2023 at 8:36PM
    Options
    Looks like someone has trimmed the thread - and removed some of the most important parts! 🙄 (The original post #3 is also missing - and I've a feeling original post #4 had useful info too).

Edit: the Wayback machine snapped this thread on 24-Oct-23:

https://web.archive.org/web/20231024073939/https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6108153/template-defence-to-adapt-for-all-parking-cases-with-added-admin-dra-costs-edited-31st-july-2023/
    Jenni x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure