Premium Bond customers can now get texts to let them know they've won - MSE News

Premium Bond holders will now be able to sign up to get text notifications letting them know when they've won a prize...

Read the full story:

'Premium Bond customers can now get texts to let them know they've won'
OfficialStampgif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• edited 25 February 2020 at 8:17PM
    patient_investorpatient_investor Forumite
    408 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 25 February 2020 at 8:17PM
    Oh so we know now where interest cut is coming from. Needed to sponsor text message service :D

"Jill Waters, retail director at NS&I, said: "With technology evolving at an ever rapid pace, it’s important that we continue to listen to customer feedback and innovate our products and the way we communicate with our customers." while lowering interest of their product. :#

Debt & mortgage free since 2011  |  Financial independence since 2017
  • glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow.  The year is 2020 and we're supposed to get excited about receiving an automated text message.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    89.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't an email sufficient notification? 
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • GersGers Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the mobile app which says exactly how much has been won (if anything). Got two accounts on it as I have POA for DM. 

• reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be either fun or mundane for the folks with maximum holding, but some of us will have changed phone numbers between each win and forgotten to update the NS&I account.
  • edited 28 February 2020 at 1:12PM
    yorkiebaryorkiebar Forumite
    755 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2020 at 1:12PM
    I've created an Alexa skill which will send you a notification at a time of your choosing on prize draw day.  The notification will tell you if you've won or not.  You can then use the Alexa device to find out the value of any winnings.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V3FL3N8
    I know there is an official NS&I Alexa skill but theirs doesn't have the capability to send a notification to the device letting you know if you've won.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides