CCJ 2012 URGENT new letter received 04/03

Jelly1725
Jelly1725 Posts: 14 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 4 March 2020 at 2:36PM in Credit file & ratings
Hello help required please very worried.
I have received a letter from a solictor stating that a ccj was entered against me  in April 2012 and that I have failed to make a a payment. There are no ccjs on my credit file.
I do not want to enter a conversation with them until neccessary. I had a lot of debt in 2012 and I have struggled but managed to pay most of it, but this debt has suddenly turned up. Please could some one kindly advise me what to do.
Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 February 2020 at 2:35PM
    Jelly1725 said:
    Hello help required please very worried.
    I have received a letter from a solictor stating that a ccj was entered against me  in April 2012 and that I have failed to make a a payment. There are no ccjs on my credit file.
    I do not want to enter a conversation with them until neccessary. I had a lot of debt in 2012 and I have struggled but managed to pay most of it, but this debt has suddenly turned up. Please could some one kindly advise me what to do.
    Thanks
    Maybe ask them what debt its in relation too ?
    Do it in writing.
    Maybe its an error.
  • Thanks for the reply. The letters says I owe it to Arrow Global who took it over from santander.
  • There is a website that you can use to check for CCJ's called TrustOnline, there is a fee to pay but it isn't much and at least you can be sure that there is one there (or not), that could be worth a look.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jelly1725 said:
    Thanks for the reply. The letters says I owe it to Arrow Global who took it over from santander.
    Which credit file did you check ?
    Theres others you need to check

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    2012 wont appear, but doesn't mean not there
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 February 2020 at 11:14PM
    Before you waste £6 at trust online, if the judgement was registered in 2012 it will have dropped off your credit file in 2018, it will not show anywhere now.

County court judgements over 6 years old, would need the issuing courts permission to enforce it now, courts usually deem 6 years long enough for enforcement.

This “solicitor” is well aware of civil procedure rules, but perhaps you should remind them you are also aware of this fact, and then ask if they wish to re-evaluate there position.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks every one. I'll wait to see what their next letter says.
  • Jelly1725
    Jelly1725 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Please can someone advise I'm sick with worry. I have received a Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control. It says I must pay the court £.... by the 11th of this month. I do not have the money or any means of getting it. Please can somebody advise me.
    Many thanks.
  • sambaird
    sambaird Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Would suggest you read this. Particularly the section about how to make payment offers.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/stoppingbailiffaction/countycourtbailiffs.aspx

Simply ignoring this is not going to make it go away. It may be scary, but you may find that once you start to engage in the process it can take some of the worry away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure