»

Discounted Senior Rail Card 1 or 3 years?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Discounted Senior Rail Card 1 or 3 years?

4 replies 154 views
i dont have any tesco club card vouchers so am looking for a way to obtain a discounted senior rail card for either 1 or 3 years
also will be travelling around london with an 80yr old, and two 58 year-olds (from and returning to stevenage), for one week-day at the end of march (im 61) and not sure which is the cheapest way to use the tube/buses etc?

Replies

• giraffe69giraffe69 Forumite
    3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who has a senior rail card can put this on their Oyster Card so that they get a discount in London(after 9.30). That is one of the few advantages of Oyster over contactless cards. Don't know of any (non Tesco) discounts but 3 years of railcard is £70 compared to one year at £30.
  • bouicca21bouicca21 Forumite
    5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The national bus pass scheme (I.e a pass with the red rose) will give the 80 year old free bus travel in London, but not on trains or tube.  
  • jbuchanangbjbuchanangb Forumite
    482 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    For 4 adults travelling together Off-peak Day Travelcard with Groupsave discount costing £71 (i.e. £17.75 each) all-in is probably the best deal. No-one needs a Senior or other railcard, but everyone gets 1/3rd off. Group has to travel together at all times.
  • ashpanashpan Forumite
    202 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    For 4 adults travelling together Off-peak Day Travelcard with Groupsave discount costing £71 (i.e. £17.75 each) all-in is probably the best deal. No-one needs a Senior or other railcard, but everyone gets 1/3rd off. Group has to travel together at all times.
    this sounds perfect for us, thank you so much for this information