Discounted Senior Rail Card 1 or 3 years?

Options
i dont have any tesco club card vouchers so am looking for a way to obtain a discounted senior rail card for either 1 or 3 years
also will be travelling around london with an 80yr old, and two 58 year-olds (from and returning to stevenage), for one week-day at the end of march (im 61) and not sure which is the cheapest way to use the tube/buses etc?

Comments

• giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone who has a senior rail card can put this on their Oyster Card so that they get a discount in London(after 9.30). That is one of the few advantages of Oyster over contactless cards. Don't know of any (non Tesco) discounts but 3 years of railcard is £70 compared to one year at £30.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The national bus pass scheme (I.e a pass with the red rose) will give the 80 year old free bus travel in London, but not on trains or tube.  
  • jbuchanangb
    Options
    For 4 adults travelling together Off-peak Day Travelcard with Groupsave discount costing £71 (i.e. £17.75 each) all-in is probably the best deal. No-one needs a Senior or other railcard, but everyone gets 1/3rd off. Group has to travel together at all times.
  • ashpan
    ashpan Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For 4 adults travelling together Off-peak Day Travelcard with Groupsave discount costing £71 (i.e. £17.75 each) all-in is probably the best deal. No-one needs a Senior or other railcard, but everyone gets 1/3rd off. Group has to travel together at all times.
    this sounds perfect for us, thank you so much for this information
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport