Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Accelerate My Mortgage - Does it work

Hi, just heard about this - essentially it’s a cashback site but the money is paid directly to your mortgage, thus reducing the interest. about 45 retailers signed up including boots and John Lewis. I would love to give this a go but hoping to hear feedback from this great community first to make sure it’s all on the up and up. I already overpay my mortgage, have just under 10 years left but would love to pay it off sooner. Every little helps
Starting Total in September 2019 = £38287.77
Current Total = £25534.10
33% of debt paid off so far

Debt Free by Christmas September August July June 2023!

Replies

• edinburgheredinburgher Forumite
    13K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm not sure I get it, why not just use a conventional cashback site that will allow far more flexibility over paying out?
  • A_Frayed_KnotA_Frayed_Knot Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    What site is it and how much cashback do you get ?  Seems strange to me, but then sometimes I am amazed at what's on offer.
    Is it worthwhile and is it a safe/trustworthy site?
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_KnotA_Frayed_Knot Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ahh, just googled it, so totally agree - as edinburgher says - 
    why not just use a conventional cashback site that will allow far more flexibility over paying out?
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals