Forum Home» Discount Codes 'n Vouchers

Best way to exchange Lifestyle Vouchers for cash?

New Post Advanced Search

Best way to exchange Lifestyle Vouchers for cash?

1 reply 44 views
DeanRidingDeanRiding Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I have £895 in Lifestyle Vouchers (which can be spent on almost anything - there's a full list of companies online), and I'm looking to find a way I can exchange that money for cash. The reason is that I'm looking to spend the money on an engagement ring with a company not listed on the site. 

I've thought about buying an iPhone 11 256gb from Argos (RRP £879) and selling it to someone for £800, but I've posted about it on Facebook Marketplace and received no offers.

I understand there are sites where you can swap directly for cash, however the rates they charge almost don't make it worth the exchange (we're talking losing about £200 realistically).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do about this? I'm comfortable with exchanging £800 for £895 which I think is pretty fair - it's basically 10% interest on your exchange.

Thanks

Replies

• sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    advertise the vouchers on local buy and sell groups, advertise on facebook, Ebay, Gumtree etc 
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com