Mortgage Income protection claim - advice required

Put in my claim on the  PPI claim site and have received a letter from LBG asking for statements and bank statements showing payments from the 80/90s I have these should I send them?,  as I had a email from the PPI Claim site I put the claim in on saying not to accept any offer from LBG  or should I send statement info to the PPI claim people?

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Put in my claim on the  PPI claim site and have received a letter from LBG asking for statements and bank statements showing payments from the 80/90s I have these should I send them?,
    If they have asked for them then it seems logical to supply them.

I would just state that are you sure they are MPPI and not life assurance?   We have frequently seen people have mixed up MPPI and life assurance.  In that era, nearly everyone had life assurance.  MPPI was not so common.    Lloyds bank MPPI provider in that period was Pinnacle.  if the direct debits say Pinnacle then its MPPI.  If they say Black Horse Life (or variants of that) then it will not be MPPI

as I had a email from the PPI Claim site I put the claim in on saying not to accept any offer from LBG  or should I send statement info to the PPI claim people?
    The claims company is not acting in your best interests if it is telling you not to correspond with the bank.   There is only one reason the bank will ask for proof of payment.  This will be because they have no records that you paid it.    So, if you dont supply it, they can reject your complaint as having no evidence you ever held it.
  • I not claiming through a company but the ombudsmans web site templates claim
    It was income protection on a repayment mortgage through L&G paid by dd 
  • SonOf
    Forumite
    It was income protection on a repayment mortgage through L&G paid by dd 
    Income protection is not PPI.  Income protection is Permanent Health Insurance. PHI.
    Also, Lloyds bank had no commercial relationship with L&G since 1988.   It is possible that their brokerage arms did L&G policies prior to depolarisation and regulation in April 1988.  However, they would not be liable for pre 88 sales done through the brokerage as that is pre-regulation.     I doubt they have any records of pre-1988 brokerage sales nowadays.
    From 1988, Lloyds Bank income protection product was through Black Horse Life.  later rebranded to LloydsTSB life and later rebranded to Scottish Widows.  
  • The mortgage was with C&G that was taken over by LLoyds   about  25yrs ago
  • SonOf
    Forumite
    But is it income protection or MPPI?
    Are you sure it was 25 years ago?  C&G had a no-insurance sales policy prior to the purchase by Lloyds Bank.  Lloyds changed that but not immediately.  25 years ago puts it right at the period of the change.
    Was it actually a C&G member of staff that sold it?   Or was it a mortgage broker or estate agent?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure