New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Where's my Ebay listing

4 replies 151 views
Hi I can't see my ebay listing. It's marked as active on my sellers account but I can't see it on the site.
I'm selling vintage fruit knives under cutlery. Is that the reason even though loads are for sale?
thanks

Replies

• edited 18 February at 8:36AM
    soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 February at 8:36AM
    Hi I can't see my ebay listing. It's marked as active on my sellers account but I can't see it on the site.
    I'm selling vintage fruit knives under cutlery. Is that the reason even though loads are for sale?
    thanks

How long ago did you list as it can take up to 24 hours to show live on the site.
    However - I have had a warning for selling fruit knives before as ebay don't like *any* knives and I was told that if I re listed them or anything similar I might be banned. Their policy suggests they should be fine but they wouldn't listen to my appeal at all.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • sparkiemalarkiesparkiemalarkie Forumite
    610 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks, it has just appeared within the last 30 minutes.
    You're right. I hadn't thought about the 'knife' aspect of things ... I just saw them as fancy cutlery.
    I won't worry about relisting if they don't sell.
    many thanks
  • jigglypuffyjigglypuffy Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I've noticed some of my listings which are listed under the £1 FVF offer are pretty hard to find.
    If you list items in price order my item doesn't even appear, unless you click 'View all results'.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought an item that just did not seem to exist on ebay. Search keywords nothing found
    using .co.uk site, tried all the others. com.de.fr etc etc. Nothing no item with that title.

Clicked the sellers details and they had nothing for sale. Yet putting the item number into
    the search found the item. Only 1 other bidder which i assume found the item from the
    forum the same way i did.

Thinking its some sort of scam, but no it arrived and was exactly as described.

As soolin states Knives can be risky. i would be pulling the listing and selling them elsewhere.
    Just because others sell them does not mean you can get away with it.

Queried this with them before. Many sellers all selling something illegal and against ebays
    terms and conditions. 3/4 get removed instantly, couple of newer users no longer registered
    yet a couple of sellers still selling the item. I could not get an answer as to why they were
    allowed to sell the items. Question fell on deaf ears.

All I could think of was those sellers must be good earners for ebay.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...