Divorced Mortgages


My friend has recently divorced her husband and is currently living alone with her teemage son. The husband has refused to pay anything towards the mortgage because 'if she wants her independence he aint paying for it' (despite the fact he's just bought himself a 4 bed flat to move into). She went to the bank to ask if they could change it to an interest only mortgage while she sorts herself out. They said she could but only if she got his permission ... which he wont give. She cant afford the mortgage but cant do anything to change it. Shes trying to move out as soon as she can but has a son to support so its difficult for her. Is there anything she can do?



This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals