New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Expenditure

1 reply 143 views
natellielouisenatellielouise Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi could someone please help, I’m currently filling in bankruptcy form and could someone tell me if their is a guideline they have for different things shopping/toiletries/cigarettes etc 
many help would be appreciated 

Replies

• mwarbymwarby Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    There are no guideline amounts, but there are trigger levels(kept secret) which will prompt enquiries as to whether they are a real and allowable amount

For food I think 200-250 is allowable for a single person, with more per adult and child

There's no tabacco allowance, this has to come out of savings made elsewhere in your budget

Try using https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php and post the results, we can help with anything you might have missed, or highlight any items which may not fly with OR