HIT cream

Options
Hi everyone.
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get small cartons of long life cream.
I like to use it to make a sauce to drizzle on food, around a 200ml size.  Every time I buy a fresh tub, half ends up wasted.  In Spain you can get a 3 pack of this cream and it's so handy.
Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers x

Comments

• k4ren2006
    Options
    k4ren2006 said:
    Hi everyone.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get small cartons of long life cream.
    I like to use it to make a sauce to drizzle on food, around a 200ml size.  Every time I buy a fresh tub, half ends up wasted.  In Spain you can get a 3 pack of this cream and it's so handy.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Cheers x
    Sorry, title should say UHT cream....stupid autocorrect lol 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,935 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    284ml available in all supermarkets. Its called Elmlea 

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elmlea isn't actually "real" cream though, it's a substitute made from buttermilk and vegetable oil.  It is,however, a reasonable substitute in many recipes and certainly long life and economical. Suoermarkets seem to have stopped selling real long life cream some time ago. I used to get it in Tesco and Morrisons , but no longer available.  You can buy it online at Amazon and eBay , but it's so expensive you may as well just buy fresh cream and discard any that you don't use before it goes off. I find it lasts much longer than the best before date anyway. You can also freeze cream, it tends to separate whilst defrosting  but a vigorous stirring brings it back together.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ocado sell small cartons of UHT cream for cooking, they’re the Chef Parmalat brand. I think they do 200 and 125ml. They also do small 125ml cartons of flavoured cream, in cheese, mushroom and truffle versions. I’ve tried the cheese and mushroom ones and they’re really good, and so handy to have around for a quick sauce. 
  • k4ren2006
    Options
    Ah fantastic info everyone....thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills