Going to the Comedy Store - Manchester

Options
Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it if I can get more answers elsewhere.

I want to take my bf to the Comedy Store as a surprise as he has never been and I know he would enjoy it (and so will I!)

The tickets are £15 each and while I can just about afford it as a treat as I want to go the day after payday, I was wondering whether any of my fellow MSE-ers know where I can get cheaper tickets.

They used to print BOGOF in the MEN paper all the time but I have looked and haven't seen any for a long time.

Any help would be gratefully received. TIA.

Comments

• fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try www.manchesterconfidential.com they sometimes have offers for the Comedy Club, can't remember specifics but know they do, think they give away free tickets on occassions too.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, will give that a try.

I will keep on looking around and hopefully get something before this Sat.
  • trace-j
    trace-j Posts: 783 Forumite
    Options
    It is a good night, I went a good few years ago when I was still a student. On the Sat (perhaps also Friday too?) the were to shows in one night- same acts, theres also a bar on the premise open late. I remember seeing Gina Yashere who was really funny.

There are a load bars next door that are really stuck up and pretentious and really aren't worth queuing to get into. But thats my personal opinion.
    :idea:I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about:idea:
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    I've been before about 3 times, but the last time was at least 2 years ago when I was a student and it was half the price of a normal ticket.
    I have checked out the times and prices and it is £15 for the 8.00pm showing and £10 for the 11.30pm showing. So I am taking the bf to the 11.30pm showing as I am paying! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure