edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
1 reply 29 views
M0neyM0ney Forumite
478 posts
Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
Sorry in advance about vague title....

I work away from home and I'm away at the moment until the 13th. Last night I spoke to my OH on the phone and she said she'd been cold called about a subscription which gets her money off on the High street. She didn't take in a lot of the details so she wasn't able to tell me the name of the company who contacted her but she said that it was £5 for the first month, then £15/month thereafter. A couple of the retailers she mentioned were Tesco and Argos. I thought it sounded suspicious but they obviously caught her at a weak moment and she's signed up to it. Next time I call her she'll have checked up on it but I wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone on here and if they could give me any more information on it....

Replies

• M0neyM0ney Forumite
    478 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Sorry in advance about vague title.... I work away from home and I'm away at the moment until the 13th. Last night I spoke to my OH on the phone and she said she'd been cold called about a subscription which gets her money off on the High street. She didn't take in a lot of the details so she wasn't able to tell me the name of the company who contacted her but she said that it was £5 for the first month, then £15/month thereafter. A couple of the retailers she mentioned were Tesco and Argos. I thought it sounded suspicious but they obviously caught her at a weak moment and she's signed up to it. Next time I call her she'll have checked up on it but I wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone on here and if they could give me any more information on it....
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support