High street discounts via subscription

Sorry in advance about vague title....

I work away from home and I'm away at the moment until the 13th. Last night I spoke to my OH on the phone and she said she'd been cold called about a subscription which gets her money off on the High street. She didn't take in a lot of the details so she wasn't able to tell me the name of the company who contacted her but she said that it was £5 for the first month, then £15/month thereafter. A couple of the retailers she mentioned were Tesco and Argos. I thought it sounded suspicious but they obviously caught her at a weak moment and she's signed up to it. Next time I call her she'll have checked up on it but I wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone on here and if they could give me any more information on it....

Comments

• M0ney
    M0ney Posts: 494
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry in advance about vague title.... I work away from home and I'm away at the moment until the 13th. Last night I spoke to my OH on the phone and she said she'd been cold called about a subscription which gets her money off on the High street. She didn't take in a lot of the details so she wasn't able to tell me the name of the company who contacted her but she said that it was £5 for the first month, then £15/month thereafter. A couple of the retailers she mentioned were Tesco and Argos. I thought it sounded suspicious but they obviously caught her at a weak moment and she's signed up to it. Next time I call her she'll have checked up on it but I wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone on here and if they could give me any more information on it....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure