Croydon County Court - Early discharge

Options
Myhusband and myself have been declared bankrupt on May 10, 2007 and just received the early discharge letter dates November 21st.:j
But we still show up on the insolvency website as bankrupt! Hope that will be changed soon as well.
I just want to thank everyone again using that website, without it I am not sure we would have managed so well!

Comments

• Herbie21
    Options
    I queried this on behalf of a client who was discharged in August.

The response from the Insolvency Service is that the entry will still stay on the website for exactly 3 months AFTER the discharge date and then it will disappear.

It will therefore be gone for good on February 21st 2008.

I was not provided with an explaination.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    There is sometimes a little bit of a delay (just admin) before the site is updated to say that you are discharged. But yes, even once you are listed as discharged it stays on there for an extra 3 months.

From: http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/guidanceleaflets/iir/iir.htm
    How long do records stay on the register?

Depending on the type of entry, details stay on the register as follows:
    • Bankruptcy records stay on the register for 3 months after the date of the individual's discharge. If a bankruptcy order is cancelled on the grounds that it ought not to have been made, the debts have been paid or a voluntary arrangement has been approved, then the record of the order will be removed from the register.
    • IVA and FTVA records stay on the register until revoked, completed or terminated.
    • BRO and BRU records stay on the register until they expire or come to an end. They will also be removed if the bankruptcy is annulled (cancelled) on the grounds that it ought not to have been made.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • clanger69
    Options
    Hi

I've just posted a query on the DMP/IVA forum regarding claiming back cc charges when on an IVA or a declared bankrupt.

Could someone let me know if when you are discharged from bankrupcy are you no longer liable for the debts?

My partner was discharged last month and has put in a claim to one of her creditors for £876 of charges to be refunded. The company in question send back a reply the next day stating that any monies returned to my partner would go staright towards the outstanding debt.............is this correct or not??

Thanks for any help given
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport