New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Apple Cider Vinegar

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
4 replies 467 views
JEN22JEN22 Forumite
612 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Does anyone take this and if so what for? Ive heard its very good for us

Replies

• Binkie_HuckabackBinkie_Huckaback Forumite
    168 posts
    100 Posts Photogenic
    A German colleague used to swear by it. I don't think my tummy would tolerate neat vinegar though :o
    At high tide the fish eat ants; at low tide the ants eat fish (Thai Proverb)
  • speedfreek1000speedfreek1000 Forumite
    361 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    A German colleague used to swear by it. I don't think my tummy would tolerate neat vinegar though :o

That's a mistake you only make once :rotfl:

Although it does strip your tonsils, melt tooth enamel and give you a face like a bulldog for a time.

You mix it 1 vin to 3-4 water.

Also advisable to drink it through a straw, drink loads of water after wards and do not brush/floss for usual after eating time scales - as it will soften then damage tooth enamel.

Fiend swear by it for his gout and I think I used it or lemon juice for acid reflux.
  • lordzukolordzuko Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    There's lots of information online about apple cider vinegar.
    This article here can be a good start
    purefoodsupplements.com/apple-cider-vinegar-weight-loss/
    Hope this helps
  • SunshineBlue_2SunshineBlue_2 Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    ACV can support with a multitude of ailments, it should never be taken neat as it is heavily acidic and can burn the windpipe. Dilute with water and have a little shot first thing in the morning. This can be quite unsettling for some people especially if you have a sensitive tummy. *Tip - add a teaspoon to your herbal tea.