We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Any deals on electric toothbrushes?

Options
I bought one about 3 years (probably 6 if I thought 3 knowing how fast time goes without realizing) and it will not keep charge.

I despise having to throw away an otherwise perfectly working device but last time around when I posted on here about it I was advised to do that rather than try and change the battery since they make it so hard to change the battery yourself (thanks throwaway culture).

So any deals to get another one? The one I have currently is a braun oral b, can't remember the make precisely but was about £30 I iirc. Would be looking to spend the same again.

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Boots had some deals the other week.
    Take a look at their website and see if you see something you like then search other websites for the same model at a better deal.
  • m_i
    m_i Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    The pro 2000 is £35 down from £80
    Nice to save.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,980 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Just to point out that there's 3 options for the brush mentioned:
    Cross action
    Sensitive
    White

They have different suffixes, which I think are:
    N
    S
    W

Just under £40 in Boots.
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I bought one of these last week.... seems like a good price and was recommended by my dental hygienist.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EY8LK70/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In Lidl next week
    image_page-06_01.jpg
  • user225688
    Options
    I would worry the lidl one would not be as effective as an oral B. I am certainly not a name brand slave (quite the contrary) but teeth are the last thing you wanna scrimp on.
  • user225688
    Options
    There are oral B 600s for between £19.99 and £24.99. The one I currently have which is failing is the oral B 2000 iirc but that one cost 40 quid now. So what is the difference between the models?

There is also the oral B vitality for £17 but I don't want to scrimp of price if it will be a detriment to my teeth though it is not clear to me as yet what that great extra costs gets you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport