New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Home Gym - Pull up bar.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
1 reply 616 views
HarryCrowtherHarryCrowther Forumite
18 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Hello everyone!
Me and a couple of mates have made a new years resolution to get fit this year and we have started doing the Andy Ramage 28 day alcohol free challenge, which is already saving me a lot of money!
I've also made a small home gym rather than paying a monthly gym membership. I'm wanting to install a pull up bar in my doorway. Its in my spare bedroom, so its just a standard wooden door frame for an internal door.
Has anyone ever installed a pull up bar into a wooden door frame? Or should I get one that is installed into the wall? I'm scared of damaging the plaster, so I'd rather attach it into the door frame or hook it onto the door frame somehow. Which is the safest way to attach a pull up bar to the door frame? Thanks

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used the ones that screw into the frame, with the bar itself then being removable, with success.

Downside is that in most cases, the door won't then fully close.

But if you're starting off, it's not an essential bit of kit. Use weights/resistance bands. You can work your back in a dozen ways without pull ups.