Forum Home» Mortgages & Endowments

Free overdraft and applying for a mortgage

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Free overdraft and applying for a mortgage

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
3 replies 378 views
Bea1237Bea1237 Forumite
4 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi
First time buyer here. I will be going through the process of a mortgage at the end of the year. I currently have a bank account from when I was a student which has a £1800 0% overdraft limit. Over the past 4 months I have dipped into this due to working on temporary contract until I started my permanent job before Christmas. The reasons for Falling into the account is due to bills, swapping from permanent to temp and then also saving for my deposit. Whenever I am paid I try to put as close to 50% of what is remaining from my pay after bills have gone out into saving for the deposit.
When I have dipped into my overdraft it can be anything from
£150-1000 (had a bit of bad luck too with the car!) Each month I have been slowly paying this off and drawing out a bit of money to live off per month to prevent me from over spending.
The full over draft will be paid on the 15th Feb 2020, after working out my finances again this should put my account +£360.
Because I have been in my overdraft will this affect the mortgage process, I have never exceeded to limit and it is 0% no interest charged at all. It's just been a bad few months, I was never in the over draft once as a student!!
Any help would be appreciated thank you

Replies