Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Using boiler cupboard for drying clothes?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Using boiler cupboard for drying clothes?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3 replies 424 views
Therese1Therese1 Forumite
154 posts
Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
I’ve finally gotten around to a huge declutter and have “acquired” a whole new cupboard as a result🤣

The gas combi boiler lives in there but I’ve just realised that this could be an ideal new home for my clothes horse in the winter. My question is, will I just create myself a damp problem in there if I do this?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but better asking before rather than too late!

Thanks

Replies

• Linda32Linda32 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use mine all the time never had a problem OH put a rail in to hang four coat hangers plus two hooks in the ceiling of the cupboard.
  • thriftwizardthriftwizard Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty much the same as an airing cupboard, surely? I'd just be very careful there aren't any air vents on the boiler that might get blocked.

Our boiler's a floor-mounted combi, with a small integral hot tank, and I use the heat that comes up from it 24/7 to raise dough, dry chillis, beans & eggshells (to be crushed & fed back to The Girls in their mash) & thoroughly dry out small things like jam jars, on a set of shelves above it. Works a treat.
    Angie

GC Jan 21 £412.53/£400 - oh bother!
    2021 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 0/48

(Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • Therese1Therese1 Forumite
    154 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ah great! Thank you!

I’ve never had an airing cupboard before so I was probably over thinking it - had no idea if these were “special” cupboards with air vents😊

Boiler sits on the wall above and clear of the clothes horse so no worries of vents being blocked.

T