New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

social media animal

edited 10 January 2020 at 10:59PM in Compers Chat Corner
4 replies 1.3K views
I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
14.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10 January 2020 at 10:59PM in Compers Chat Corner
Do you need to be a social media animal to win on there?

(TW / FB / IG)

ANIMAL as in loads of comments, followings and followers. Shares etc. (over and above the min requirements)

Social media animal versus wins 43 votes

I'm a social media animal and it PAYS OFF!!
11% 5 votes
I'm a social media animal and it doesn't pay off
25% 11 votes
I'm NOT a social media animal and it PAYS OFF!!
16% 7 votes
I'm NOT a social media animal and it doesn't pay off
46% 20 votes

Replies

• sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never won on Twitter ... and when you think a lot of TW comps have less than 1000 RT's there's definitely something going on.

There was a comp posted about a year ago and it was the first 100 people to comment or something won a jar of pesto or something, I did "win" one of them but that's not really a proper competition ... even then, turn's out they were out of stock of the prize so had to wait for them to re-stock, I didn't even bother getting back in touch with them.

I don't do IG, I've won a couple of Facebook "Live party" type competitions but never from a comment / share type post but then I don't generally enter them.
  • ANGELWINGSANGELWINGS Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve won several large prizes on Facebook, holidays and prizes worth around £1000.
    I believe that when it says picked by random, that this is not always the case and the companies do read your comments and do decide whether you ‘ fit’ their brand.
    I don’t have proof as such but it’s just my opinion from personal experience.

I have won on Instagram and Twitter but way less than Facebook.
  • lynneeelynneee Forumite
    867 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a few wins on Facebook and twitter over the years for like and share comps. My Facebook is only friends and family so not many people, but my twitter has 1500 followers so I'm not sure what difference it makes as I've had about the same success on both!
    😀 Debt free June 2020!😊 Jan 21 GC £39.58/£150
  • edited 17 January 2020 at 8:15PM
    toniqtoniq Forumite
    29.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 January 2020 at 8:15PM
    Love twitter, I don't comp on fb.

I'm what your poll would call a social media animal, when I bother to sit still and comp I knock a few hundred tweets out most with comments.
    Over advents I knocked out at least 200+ a day and had quite a few wins from twitter.
    #JusticeForGrenfell