No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2020

Options

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A number of INs today from my shopping trip:

Lush Rose Jam 100g
    Lush D’Fluff Shaving Soap 70g
    Lush Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar
    Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar
    Maui Moisture Agave Shampoo 385ml
    Maui Moisture Agave Conditioner 385ml
    Superdrug The Moisturising Little Blue Stick 4.8g
    Superdrug The Moisturising Little Blue Stick 4.8g
    Alex Steinherr x Primark Pore Balance Blemish Rescue Stickers
    The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml
    The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Body Yogurt 200ml
    The Body Shop Shea Body Lotion 200ml

This seems bad but these are treats for myself, using the money I was given at Christmas. The shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are too replace the ones that should be finished before the month is out (hopefully). And I'm going to start having baths again to try and help me relax so my bath bombs and bubble bars will be used up. And I probably won't buy any bath or body stuff next month, just the essentials if I run out.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I may have wandered into Sally’s at lunch time. I may have been browsing for a replacement of my beloved Sparrow Me The Drama. I may have asked if they had any of the Tokyo colours. I was not expecting there to be a clearance bin. It was like opening the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. It would have been very rude to not buy the pack of mini Tokyo colours for £5.57 do you not think?

I never heard of Tokyo colours?!

Sparrow me The Drama is a lovely color. I need to take my nail polishes off tonight and will re-paint hopefully this Sunday.

I've put a can of hair mousse on Olio app - someone contacted me to collect it, so let's see if she will turn up.

I have sold 5 items over the last few days. They are all travel sizes but undoubtedly were part of my stash. One person bought a bundle so I threw in a Double Serum sample into the mix. 6 items out.

I haven't bought anything and I sometimes feel the urge like you do ponypal. It is normal, don't give up :)
    ally.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    uu

Westlab Epsom Salts 1kg - in the future I will be looking for replacements in a box rather than a bag which is how these were packaged.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My Leighton Denny polish chipped super quickly as his always do - for the price they should be awesome. I will be adding that to the out pile, it takes time to do nails and I want a few days of them looking nice at least.

So Leighton Denny Life's a Beige is being either donated or recycled, I just need to check how much is in it first.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    UU this week

Beauty Pie Moonlighting Balm 3/3
    1 tablet hand soap 4/4

Love the NP chat, now my nails are in better condition I am trying to keep them painted more (hardly used any for a year or so). ValM - I used to love the end of line shelf in Sally's, but have not been able to visit one for ages:(

Most polishes have not worn well on me because of my flaky nail tips, but I got fantastic wear last week from A-England Her Rose Adagio, and this week from just 1 coat of LD Beyond Gold, my faves are Nails Inc though
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sunny_money
    Options
    Slow goings for me so far on the PP..

UU
    Max Factor mascara, think it was 2000 calorie, dried out quickly
    TA
    Max Factor Volume infusion mascara - dropped on floor! Wasn’t wowed by this anyway.
    1 Superdrug wax kit - old, not microwaveable WNBA
    1 Veet wax kit - old
    (unsure if I counted the wax kits as ins or not.. but will count as outs!)
    IN
    Rimmel Extra 3D lash mascara - thought I’d try the cheap range!

Had too many empties I was saving for travel, threw out 11!
  • sstevo19
    Options
    Two UUs from last night:

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser sample WPNB. I was excited to try this but it let me down a bit. It's a gel, and it does cleanse well, but it smells like cucumbers to me.

Plan 36.5 Collagen & Tomato Plant Cell Daily Mask WNB. This was alright but I'm just looking to use up my sheet masks and not buy any more because of the waste from them.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dolly84 I can only get a nail colour to last on me if I am off work. I type all day so they soon get chipped. Saying that the Avon one I am wearing seems to have faded at the ends.

Steve o I have never found a sheet mask that fits my face and I don’t like the excess serum they leave on my skin. Prefer the old fashioned type that dry hard.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    uu

Westlab Epsom Salts 1kg - in the future I will be looking for replacements in a box rather than a bag which is how these were packaged.

Please share if you find it x
    ally.
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One UU from this afternoon:

Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel sample WPNB. This was a lovely sample, a very cool and soothing Aloe Gel. Really helped soothe some irritated spots I've had this week :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure