Wedding suit

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
3 replies 483 views
skylinedudeskylinedude Forumite
14 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
Hi all,

My stepson is getting married soon. I have not owned a suit for over 30 years now so looking for some advice please.

Should I buy off the peg and get it altered or would it be best to have a bespoke suit tailored for me. I have a budget of approx £400 for this suit.

Can anyone recommend a tailor around Nn10 postcode area please?

Replies

• Ms_ChocaholicMs_Chocaholic Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of wedding is this? Does your suit have to be tailor made or can it be off the peg. What role are you playing at the wedding - just a guest albeit stepfather of the groom. Are they having a "wedding party" where members of the family are dressed similarly?

I'd pop to Next or M&S and pick one up there, they have a variety of sizes to suit everyone's shape (usually) though this depends on what shape you are.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • skylinedudeskylinedude Forumite
    14 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am just a guest. The family will be dressed similarly (waistcoat in pink or Cream unfortunately). I don't believe it has to be tailored but I am a slim build. Want to get a suit I actually look good in and just hanging off me and that's why I thought a tailored suit would be better.
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just hire one
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals