New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

QROPS advice?

edited 3 December 2019 at 6:52PM in Auto-enrolment
2 replies 1.4K views
MrsDMDLMrsDMDL Forumite
1 posts
edited 3 December 2019 at 6:52PM in Auto-enrolment
Hi

We recently sold up in the UK and bought in France. Husband retired and there full time; I am travelling back to London for work short term.

Thinking of moving my DC pension into a QROPS. Have spoken to one advice firm and was planning to go with them until I found out today that they have put their fee up 300% since we first spoke in July....

I have two questions:
How can I work out which firm I should go with/how can I fairly compare fess?
Any thoughts on moving my pot overseas vs. leaving it in the UK?

Thanks

MrsDMDL

Replies

• JoeCrystalJoeCrystal Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are better off posting this in the main pension forum. Hardly anyone looks into this sub forum.
  • AegisAegis Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main advantage to a QROPS rather than a SIPP is that you are outside the lifetime allowance tests. If you don't have that to worry about, then I usually find very little reason to recommend one rather than, say, having a SIPP with a Euro-focused investment portfolio and a Euro bank account from which to make payments.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.