What's the best gaming laptop for £2k+ budget ?

Options
2»

Comments

• goral
    goral Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I will never buy laptop for 2k or 3k!!!
    In next 3-5 years this laptop will be worth around £500 or less as you cant upgrade.
    Computers quickly lose their value.
    Desktop is much better option, give some relatively cheaper option to keep PC ap to date.
    But £2000-£3000 for laptop... no way! For laptop max is £800 idealy between £500 and £700.
    New technology, is far too fast to make invest in computer.
  • RyanHello
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with PC gaming OP. I used to PC gaming religiously, now I just stick to consoles. The new Xbox one X is just as good as some decent gaming laptops, if not better and it's a lot cheaper.

Gaming laptops are a bit of a rip off, if you're going to stick to PC gaming, just get a desktop. You get more for your money.
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't see dates and times on the new forum however it's worth noting that cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed till much later in the year. Anything you but now would not be as good as what you would get for the same money in 6 months. As others have said,  buying a dssktop PC of similar specs is considerably cheaper. 
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ifstar said:
    Can't see dates and times on the new forum however it's worth noting that cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed till much later in the year. Anything you but now would not be as good as what you would get for the same money in 6 months. As others have said,  buying a dssktop PC of similar specs is considerably cheaper. 
    Anything posted today has a time but anything posted say yesterday will have a date eg January 20.
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    I much prefer gaming on a PC.  I think it's the sitting at the computer with a lovely cup of tea in a nice warm room, having the ability to move a mouse freely and not feeling constrained by a laptop.
    I did buy a laptop a few years ago, quite good spec about £1500 but after a week I it got real hot and the fan was loud (I wanted to play WOW on it) so I returned it.  My PC is real old but I do like playing games on it.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Alphitomancy
    Options
    The best budget gaming laptop I can recommend you is the acer nitro 5, but if you really want a performing laptop then its better to buy a desktop computer. 
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I much prefer gaming on a PC.  I think it's the sitting at the computer with a lovely cup of tea in a nice warm room, having the ability to move a mouse freely and not feeling constrained by a laptop.
    I did buy a laptop a few years ago, quite good spec about £1500 but after a week I it got real hot and the fan was loud (I wanted to play WOW on it) so I returned it.  My PC is real old but I do like playing games on it.
    watercooled is the way forward for high power / gaming intensive pc's.. radiator just like a car. better heat transfer

• jamesfaulkner90
    Options
    I can recommend you Lenovo Legion Y540 because I am using this laptop for gaming and this gaming laptop cost is under £1000, I am playing GTA V & other top games on this laptop.
    But if compare gaming laptops and gaming desktop PCs then I recommend PC is the best option for gaming. 
  • DonnyMcMoney
    Options
    I've got an Honor Magicbook 15 and it's actually fantastic for gaming despite being like £500. Can definitely recommend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback