Which electric toothbrush

Don't know which to get out of these two on sale right now:
Oral B 9000 at 78.99 pounds or Oral B Genius x at 119.99 pounds? Is the genius x worth the extra 40 pounds?

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The speed and action of both brushes is exactly the same. That's what actually cleans your teeth.

Oral B oscillating/rotating brushes are the brushes properly, scientifically proven to have the best cleaning action.

The differences between those two will be the gadgets and heads you get with them. From a tooth cleaning point of view, both will do the same job.

The action is the same on brushes a bit lower down in the range too - so you could save more and still get a perfectly good toothbrush!
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference which Oral-B electric toothbrush you go for, so long as you make sure you change the heads when worn.

I've got several(!) manual toothbrushes and one of them (a "soft" headed Oral-B with some sort of tongue scraper design on the back of the head) gives just as good a clean if not better than the electric one, if brushing properly. Or at least my teeth feel just as clean or cleaner.

The electric one comes into its own when cleaning those bits difficult to brush properly with a manual one.
  • Toothsmith, I've just bought a Oral-B PRO 650 cross action tooth brush from B&M, it was £19.99 is that one okay? My old toothbrush is an Oral B one, not sure which one, it hardly keeps it charge now, I have it charging all the time. I've not yet had the new one out of the box, so I could take it back.
  • Toothsmith
    Forumite
    Yes - I've seen that one at that price in a few places, and recommended it to some patients of mine. It's a perfectly good brush, and better that lots of other brands that are way dearer (mainly thinking of the sonic/ultrasonic ones there)
    How to find a dentist.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
  • Thank you Toothsmith for replying so quickly I really do appreciate it. I'm going to put it on charge now. Going to make you laugh now...I'm going to keep my old one charging and use it for cleaning around my bathroom taps, I'm often tempted to do this when I'm in the bathroom cleaning my teeth looking at the taps...like my mum would say.....waste not, want not.
  • Toothsmith
    Forumite
    What's wrong with just using old heads on an existing motor for the same?

You don't shove the whole lot in your mouth! :D
    How to find a dentist.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    MY old NIMH ones are no longer holding charge so I have a battery non rechargeable as a temp solution while I consider options.

Oral-B (most) will only charge with 220-240V so are useless if you travel.

The only ones that seem to be universal are Philips, some with USB options.

For better battery performance and hopefully will last longer looking to go lithium for the next one.

It is possible to replace the battery but it does require soldering and a bit of a fiddle and may not be water tight after.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure