PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anyone use a dehumidifier?

Options
Hi I am looking to buy a dehumidifier as I dry washing on radiator airers around the house. Anyone find they are useful? We live in a 3 bedtoom semi. Thanks.

Gintot
"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"

Comments

• martinthebandit
    Options
    Wife uses one regularly, we hardly use the tumble dryer since getting one.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply. What sort is it?

Gintot
  • pattypan4
    Options
    yes see the winter thread, lots of posts on there
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply. What sort is it?

Gintot

It's a finether 12litre apparently, cost £100 ish at the time.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Thanks
    A very interesting post..

Gintot
  • Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I put all my laundry on an extra large vertical horse. The dehumidifier sits next to it. I have a Meaco with a laundry setting. I would recommend getting a dehumidifier with a laundry setting as it really super charges the drying time. I put my horse and dehumidifier in the smallest room I have to maximize efficiency for drying laundry.

I have another dehumidifier, a bog standard delonghi, which is fine for keeping the house moisture down, but isn't a patch on the Meaco for the laundry with the laundry setting.
  • pattypan4
    Options
    mine is a meaco low energy greenline
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 November 2019 at 8:42PM
    Options
    I bought a meaco ABC 12L a few weeks ago and love it. I wish I'd got one years ago. I didn't get specifically to dry laundry but have used it lots for this and it does a great job. I paid £160 inc delivery for it. I'm in a 3 bed/2 public terrace and I'm not sure it would be big enough if if I had specific damp issues but it more than does what I want it to do (stop a mainly unused north facing room from getting damp) as well as laundry drying.
    ETA - it has a laundry setting
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, in my own home (no central heating) I have a DeLonghi dehumidifier with a laundry setting. Clothes over a horse and the spare bedroom door shut, it’s brilliant.

I also use it in the upstairs hall for its original purpose.

In our previous home I had it in what was the airing cupboard when the old boiler was taken out.

I’d recommend one with a laundry setting.
  • want_to_save
    Options
    we have had one from Argos for about a year now only run it on weekend when i want to dry the washing (have not tumble dryer 2 adults no kids) and have that and a oscolating (sp) fan on the washing too. Can do weeks worth of washing (2 loads) on a weekend and i honestly wouldnt be without it.

was a challenge one (no longer in stock) 10l
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport