PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 26th November 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 26 November 2019 at 7:19AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 26th November 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, and damp - hoping for a brigher day than yesterday, it was dull and felt like it wasn't properly light all afternoon.

DH and DS1 getting ready for work, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was disjointed as DH was a bit late in so had sorted himself out a snack, DS1 had a slice and jacket potato, I used up some getting past it's best veg with I made into a risotto - DS1 decided it looked ok, so he tried some that too, it was quite nice - it wasn't really a recipe I was just throwing things in which makes it difficult to re-create another time! Tonight will be fish, chips, beans/veg, my fish will be baked.

Yesterday work was very quiet to begin with then went manic for a while with some complicated cases. We'll see what today brings.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for the start nmlc. I'm showered and ready for a swim before work. The weather isn't too bad, damp and dark but not very cold.

Called to see baby Sophie after work, she was full of smiles before she fell asleep! I've now finished the little cardigan I was knitting, it's not great but I've made the effort!

Well done Gers, that's a great achievement.
    Glad you're feeling more positive Jackie, take it easy.

Another gift arrived yesterday so I'm slowly getting there, there's a parcel out there that was a failed delivery yesterday, hoping it'll get left in the blue bin today. If not it's a long trek to the delivery company's depot.

Hope you all have a good day, take care. XX
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It feels very mild here this morning. I didn't have to put the heating on all day yesterday and hopefully today will be the same. It's a big day here for Steve as he is going to have his second cataract operation this afternoon. Unfortunately he had a terrible night's sleep because I went upstairs to sleep in our bed for the first time in 2 months and it was a bit of a disaster. I couldn't get used to it and my leg was in horrible pain. No matter how I tried I couldn't get comfy and in the end I gave up at 3am and came back downstairs to the bed in the dining room. I'm disappointed but I will try again tonight.

Jemima is going to drive her dad to the hospital this afternoon and then will keep me company until it is time to go and pick him up. His first op didn't take very long as I recall so hopefully this one will be as smooth and uneventful.

I need to nag the kids to put the hoover round today as we have such a hairy carpet now. I am sure the dogs are moulting even though it's the wrong time of year. I also want to go through my wardrobe and see what I have. I have been living in nightdresses nearly every day for the past year so I want to start wearing clothes again. I know I have some really cute jumpers with Christmas designs for next month.

Steve wants a Chinese takeaway for dinner tonight so I will have orange chicken and rice. I will have to split it into two portions though as I can't eat a whole one any more. I am sure one of the kids will help me eat it though.

Well that's all from me for now. Hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing, take care xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. It's another mild start here and we are forecast to hit double figures today! Shame about the rain that's supposed to be on its way though!

Hurrah it's Tuesday, so it's coffee, natter and lunch day. I say coffee but for a few weeks I have been enjoying raspberry tea instead! My friend and I will put the world to rights as usual before enjoying a tasty lunch.

Our Bon Marche finally closes its doors on Thursday and sadly I have been unlucky with stocking up on the black jeans I like. None at all left in our store, boo hoo.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need. JACKIE, GERS and DUMPLING you all sound to be recovering so well. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Raining here again but not too cold, off to work for me and quiet chap Tuesday !!

Some Indian wrap things for dinner tonight OH found a kit while shopping (a bit like a fajita kit) so will try them and see what they are like.

Must do a wash when I get in tonight and will have a quick sweep through as all the leaves seem to be being blown in atm.

Dumpling I hope Steve's op goes well today xx

Camelot Sophie sounds so cute xx

Have good days all xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]FIL's order of service. There's a nice sensible one for the celebration, the one for the crem would look like we'd just thrown any old thing together, for people that didn't know him quite as well as family did. His name was Michael and he loved watching Mash so he has THIS with M*I*K*E across the top and a pic of him instead of the cast (obviously, lol). The pic isn't the best of him, but it was taken a few of months ago in hospital. He was diabetic and he's grinning and holding a small pack of biscuits that the nurse had given him with a cuppa. BIL2 used to fuss more than normal about him eating sugar, to the point of being militant, so he wanted us to show the photo to BIL2 to wind him up and tell him to mind his own business about biscuits, he's been allowed a couple of Rich Teas! Then he gave the biscuits to me, he didn't like them :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The music at the beginning is the theme from Mash but they were struggling with what to play at the end, I said as he loved watching sport he should have the cricket test match music, and laughed. Mr tru said it was perfect and started to message his brothers, I said Nooooo I was joking but too late, the message was sent. They think it's hilarious so that's what he's having :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]After a very wet walk yesterday, we dried off and sat on the sofa for a bit. Scamp fell asleep before I'd finished my coffee and stayed asleep for most of the day. I got all my work done then cleaned upstairs. I felt like I'd been productive for the first time in ages :D I did an online shop a few days ago for tomorrow, I'll check the cupboards and add/delete things from the list. Not sure about this afternoon, might read my book for a while.[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning, it's raining here, just for a change.

TA, hope you enjoy your day - it's a pity about Bon Marche isn't it. I have 3 pairs of their straight leg jeans and they are a lovely fit - I have trouble buying trousers generally as I'm a queer shape. At the moment we have one BM at a shopping centre a short bus ride away, and one in Newcastle, it will be a shame if they all have to close.

I was in Newcastle yesterday helping a friend with Christmas shopping, her eyesight is not too good. The shops were packed, but we got what she wanted so she was well pleased.

Is FIL's funeral today Tru - I'm a bit lost off as I've missed a couple of days, I'll have to read back

Usual Tuesday here, Tai Chi, and when I come in Dgs will have arrived. We thought we'd take him to one of the garden centres nearby, they always have lovely Christmas displays, he might like the lights etc.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Take care folks
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for starting the thread nmlc.

Getting light here now so I'll go and feed the birds before the forecast rain starts. Then I have a list of jobs to get on with but not yet, later.

JackieO and Gers, you are doing well. Dumpling, hope today goes well for Steve.

Tru, the choices you r family have made are ones that I'd imagine will be fondly remembered.

Hope everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Funerals are such a personal thing between the family and, as long as everyone is in agreement, that's just how it should be. One of the most unusual I ever attended was many years ago for a young woman in her 30's and she wanted a Monty Python theme! The final song was "Always look on the bright side of life" She was bid farewell as she had lived, full of fun. I have never forgotten that funeral.

SCARLET that's the same jeans I get. Sara style? We must be the same funny shape! I looked on line last week and every single size and length was out of stock so I couldn't even order any for delivery! Our next nearest store 10 miles away is also closing. As far as they know at the moment just the big city stores are staying open for now.

Must dash I am messing about! x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Another rainy miserable day, it's still so dark outside. I had a rubbish night again, it's just down to not being comfortable, I'm longing to lie on my side, just four more weeks so I'll be good.

Today the cleaner is coming so I need to gather the rubbish and recycling up for her to take downstairs.

Dumpling - I hope that Steve's op goes smoothly.

Great choices Tru- it certainly all reflects FIL's personality.

Now I wish everyone a very happy Tuesday.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Not posted for a while,life got hectic with DGD staying from Thursday last week, and DGS birthday, which went well, he seemed happy with what we'd all bought. I can concentrate on getting X mas pressies now, otherwise I'd have got confused ( easily done :D)
    Yesterday was fully occupied with chasing up invoices, printing etc for the VAT - the accountant had a string of queries and it took me ages. You know those days when you don't feel you've really got anywhere....:eek:
    DS is helping a mate today with some work so I have the house to myself, though DH & DS2 may be back at lunchtime, squeezing a bit of a job in as the brickie is rained off at their main job.So I'm hoping to get lots done :D
    Tru I meant to say before but my Mr M delivery is still being brought in the recyclable bags that you can hand back to the driver..
    The service being planned sounds nice & personal :)
    Dumpling hope the cataract op goes well for Steve , and you both get a better nights sleep tonight.
    Gers sounds like the knee is doing well, and Jackie glad you've improved a bit too.
    Right I won't get lots done sitting here will I :rotfl:time to get something out for tea, TA I sorted 2 freezers out yesterday too, I'm trying to use stuff up to get some space.
    Bye for now x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure