Car Finance Dispute

Hi,
Almost 4 years ago I took a car out with a dealer on finance. This was a monthly payement with a balloon payement at the end if I wanted to purchase the car as my own. This was due in February 2020. 4 months early the dealer called and invited me in to talk about my options where I explained I wanted to part exchange the car providing I was in positive equity (which I was) and purchase outright from them a new car. They let me look around and I found a car I wanted ect. The contracts were drawn up to show the calculations of settling my finance and part exchange ect. I went through this contract twice with two different people each time and paid the full balance. 2 weeks later they come back to me telling me they calculated the incorrect finance settlement figure and stating I owe a further £540 to cover this difference. However I do not see why I should pay as I and they signed a contract agreeing to the prices based upon their judgement and knowledge which surely is binding? Surely they cannot come back once all is done and dusted and I have my car they have my money? I also do not have an extra £540 and they asked for it like it was nothing!
Any advice would be very helpful please.

Comments

• If they made a mistake, then it can be rectified.

If you cannot pay it in one go, then ask to pay in installments.
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Offer to return the car and ask for the finance car back for the remainder of the contracted period. See what they have to say about that.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure