Where has Rude Wines gone?

Hi All,

I waited in for a delivery from Rude Wines yesterday which didn't arrive. When I went to contact them I discovered the website, twitter and telephone number have all disappeared!

Does anyone know what's happened to them?

I guess I need to contact my credit card to have my money returned.

Thanks!

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I see what you mean , was part of the allpay group , which is still trading .

I assume in administration
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    edited 31 October 2019 at 9:22AM
    That's an odd one, Companies House not showing anything but site has disappeared

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05527930

they've disappeared from Amazon as well and if you follow the very recent voucher code link - that had been working it shows 'Sorry, the page you are looking for no longer exists.'
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 11 November 2019 at 9:39PM
  • Thanks all. I managed to get a refund from my credit card.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks all. I managed to get a refund from my credit card.

That's good to know.

Was it easy to get the refund ?

Just the reason why you should pay using credit card.
  • It was very easy.

I found on the purchase on my online statement and there is a link to query the purchase, I filled out the form explaining that the business had disappeared - this was before dlusman found the articles (thank you). Amex confirmed yesterday that the payment has been voided. Very happy with how quickly they dealt with it.

Definitely the reason to always purchase on a credit card... plus avois :j
  • david13
    david13 Posts: 15
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have been a very happy customer of Rude Wines for 3½ years.
    My favourite wine from them was the Portuguese red Alta Corte.
    Fortunately I have six bottles left, but was hoping to re-order today; sad to see that they are no more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure